Monday 18 April 2011

Your reflection I've erased

“There was something strange in the water when your mother had you,” was the first thought that entered my head when I saw you. “It’s a pity you will never like me” I thought. But this whole thing was strange…so strange that it took me 3years to get over you. First I denied that I like you, ran away from these feelings because they were wrong and irrational.

Our first interaction:
You may not remember but you staring at me all aggressively one day as I walked by in black with red suspenders. I felt raped, but strangely enough I liked it. You continued these stares for many months but I ignored them. May it was all in my head, but my friends said that you did hold me dramatically in your gaze. I remember you well then, strange angel that plagued my dreams.

Our second interaction:
I decide to dress like you, strangely enough your hellish stares turns to lust. Maybe again this was all in my head. Trust me to imagine such stuff, but still your stares remained. My friend said I was crazy, but I believed differently. I decided to confront you, but when I did your smile sent me crashing like a plane into the Atlantic, never to be found again. I got lost in the rivers of you.

Our third interaction:
Was a cold miserable Wednesday morning. The first day you sat with me. I prayed to God for a sign and one was sent to me. I made a deal with the Master and said:

“Look , I don’t know what you want from me, but if you help me here I will not question this again. I will play ‘Someone Like you’ on my iPod and when I turn the corner I will my heart’s bane and I will no longer complain.” Of course this was simple enough and easily achievable, we hung out in the same areas.

I renegotiated the deal: “ Okay I will play that song and then I will walk a certain pace until I take the corner at the exact moment the phrase “Someone Like you” came and you would see me and smile.”
Of course this increased the unlikelihood of said deal. I put the sing on and nodded my head in disbelief. Why would this happen? Why was I so intoxicated by you. I did my part and so did He, Strange. I took the corner the find “Someone like you” staring at me and smiling at me the same way I had bargained for. You then spent most of the day with me and I felt strange in my own skin.
But ‘was it a dream?’ ‘Did I create a modern myth?’ Is ‘the only evidence that proves it
A photograph of you and I?”

“Your reflection I've erased
Like a thousand burned out yesterdays
Believe me when I say goodbye forever
Is for good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment