Sunday 6 May 2012


Dearest Reader,
here is a little poetry for you to read
Fondest Regards,
Kaleb.


Of these bones


Of these bones you will plunder, of these bones you will see. 
Of these bones you will whisper, of these bones you will come with me.

Often you will see me, 
Often will you wonder who I could be, 
Often you will tell me, who and what I should be. 
Often you will claim, that you can see, all that makes me, me. 
Often I will tell you who I am and what makes me, me. 
Often you will not listen and when you do it will only be for your own but's and maybe's.

Of my blood you will hunger, 
Of my blood you will feed. 
Of my blood you will become a lover, 
Of my blood you will bleed.

Never will you remember the gentle truth I've shared with you. 
Never will you endeavour to become more than my coldest enemy

Of my skin you will discover the soul that lives within, 
Of my skin you will remember all my sins that have left me thin.

And still you will tell me who I am and should have been. 
And who am I to tell you, when all you say makes you win?
And who an I to ask your forgiveness when all you believe are the lies within?

When my spirit sings no more and my flesh has turns to coal
When my eyes have seen their last and my heart stole
When we gather at the end of all, will you remember me?

Or will you remember the man you wanted me to be?  

No comments:

Post a Comment