Tuesday 26 June 2012


Deliver me

(Inspired by Florence + the Machine)

You play me as a demon plays his pound of flesh. I am a fool and I am blind, but happiness hit me like a bullet in the back and I am dancing, doing cartwheels in your honour. And believe me when I tell you what I have become; you are the darkness before my dawn. It’s a fantasy and fallacy and you’re my tumbling stone. I choose to remain nameless, but call me when you need me. You are the hardest of hearts and a heavy heart that drags me down. Still I follow the heart-lines on your hand. But you kept me under and your fractured moonlight on the sea. I am at peace in the deep, in this cathedral where I cannot breathe; you never let me go. The stars, the moon they have all been blown out, will you leave me here in the dark?
But you had Jesus on your breath, that sweaty confession and selfish prayer. You say “this is his body, this is love,” as if I could get enough. We find it in the flights of birds, I have seen it in you,  there in enthrals of animals and the blood that runs through. You are the daughter of the rain and snow. But I am done with my graceless heart, so tonight I am going to cut it out. You are the hardest hard to heart to translate, even with all my education. Still I wish to remain nameless screaming out this love song, let’s live without shame because what is in a name? Call us what you want. I have fallen from grace; I have fallen on my face.
I fell in your opinion when I fell in love with you.
Can you see the beast you have made of me?
And I will drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart. You’re the space in my bed and I will 
your night time fear. My love, you were not much of a blessing, but can you keep it up? Holy water cannot help you now, or keep me out. You’ll be haunted by me, as I am by you. I am the body in the backyard.



Let us build our alter here. We are the damned and the divine...Deliver me







*I hold no ownership over the original works used here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment